Draft Profile: BioKayden Lyles from Middleton High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Lyles opted to join Wisconsin.
In 2019 as a freshman Lyles saw action in 10 games and played a total of 378 snaps for the Badgers. He allowed just 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 2 sacks while playing at left guard.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 4 games and a total of 224 snaps. He conceded just one QB hurry, no QB hits, and one sack while playing at center.
In 2021 as a junior Lyles saw action in 5 games and totaled 115 snaps. He gave up just 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- In the run game, Lyles shows good burst off the line of scrimmage, with the ability to win at the point of attack. Lyles has enough speed and athleticism to move to the second level and land blocks.
- Has a stout build with a strong, flexible core. He’s a rock in the middle of the line as a pass protector, with the heavy hands and strong grip to hold his own against bigger defensive tackles.
- Hand placement is excellent, and he shows a good understanding of angles when climbing upfield
- Displays good awareness when it comes to reading moving bodies, effectively reacting and adjusting. Lyles also shows a good feel for combo blocks.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Middling physical traits limit his ceiling, and Lyles most likely will top out as a fringe starter on the right side.
- Can struggle to stay engaged, especially on the second level. His hand placement can be sloppy, costing him power.
- Had issues against quality counter moves, struggling to readjust. That’s something he’ll see frequently against NFL technicians in the pass rush.
- Not great in space and tends to lose power the farther he has to move; he doesn’t finish as well on the second level as he does battle in the phone booth around the line of scrimmage.
Kayden Lyles percentiles vs other Center's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Kayden Lyles (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank