Draft Profile: BioKenny Logan Jr. attended Pedro Menendez High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.860, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Logan Jr. opted to join Kansas after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Logan Jr. saw action in 5 games and played a total of 53 snaps at Safety for the Jayhawks. He recorded just 7 tackles, one assist, while adding one stop. In coverage Logan Jr. notched up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 158.3.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 9 games and logged 444 snaps for the Jayhawks. He made 49 tackles, 13 assists, and had 16 stops. In coverage he totaled one pass break up, 2 interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of 45.3.
In 2021 as a junior Logan Jr. played in 12 games and contributed on 701 snaps. He chalked up solid 89 tackles, 30 assists, and added 23 stops. In the secondary Logan Jr. forced 2 pass break ups, one interception, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 94.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has the violent hands to discard receivers and smaller tight ends, and Logan is a sure tackler. In coverage, he shows good instincts when sitting back in zone, with click-and-close ability and good ball tracking.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Logan is aggressive in run support, with a physical mentality, but struggles to break down space and leaves production on the field.
- Has the quick, agile feet and fluid hips to mirror quickness and change direction underneath. But he’s at his best facing the action.
- He’s tall-framed with long arms to match. With his powerful hands, straight-line speed, and fluidity in his hips, turning and chasing downfield shouldn’t be a problem.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Doesn’t have the kind of fluidity needed to mirror quicker receivers underneath.
- Can also be overaggressive attacking downhill against the run, susceptible to running himself out of position on misdirection and counter plays.
- Despite his size, he’s not an overly physical tackler. Logan might have to add some weight at the next level in order to become more physical.
How other scouting services rate Kenny Logan Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank