- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Can deliver the big hit and isn't afraid to jump inside to slow the ball.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Competes for the ball and has good anticipation skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
How other scouting services rate Delarrin Turner-Yell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank