Draft Profile: BioLance Boykin attended Hayworth Christian High School and was Following high school, Boykin opted to join Old Dominion.
In 2018 as a freshman Boykin saw action in 10 games and played a total of 316 snaps at cornerback for the Monarchs. He recorded 18 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 5 stops. In coverage Boykin notched up 2 pass breakups, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 85.7.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 11 games and logged 405 snaps for the Monarchs. He made 20 tackles, 6 assists, and had 3 stops. In coverage he totaled one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 113.6.
After season's end Boykin transferred to Coastal Carolina where as a junior for the Chanticleers in 2021 Boykin played in 13 games and took part in 415 snaps for the Chanticleers. He chalked up 23 tackles, 3 assists, and added 7 stops. In the secondary Boykin forced 2 pass breakups, one interception, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 106.5.
In 2022 as a senior Boykin saw action in 11 games while playing 549 snaps. He logged 43 tackles, 13 assists, and made 13 stops. In coverage Boykin had 4 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 94.5.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Savvy using his hands to get to the ball without drawing flags. Willing tackler and high-effort leader.
- Can deliver the big hit and isn't afraid to jump inside to slow the ball.
- Flashes good ball skills. Boykin has the fluidity and change-of-direction ability to mirror quicker receivers underneath.
- Stays low in his backpedal and shows the click-and-close ability to break up plays in front of him. Boykin can move well laterally and shows excellent instincts when looking into the backfield in zone coverage.
- Gives great effort in run support, sticking his nose in as a tackler, and should be able to contribute as a special teamer covering kicks.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Despite his size, he’s not an overly physical tackler. Boykin might have to add some weight at the next level in order to become more physical.
- Like a lot of collegiate corners, Boykin has a tendency to get grabby, something that will have to be coached out of him.
- Boykin runs well, but he doesn’t have elite recovery speed.
Lance Boykin percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Lance Boykin (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank