Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 198 (LAC)
- Bowling-ball runner between the tackles. Flashes a burst in and out of the hole. Lowers his pads and delivers a blow into the chest of defenders. Falls forward on nearly every run due to lean. Short build makes it difficult for defenders to find among linemen. Good acceleration and straight-line speed.
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- A one-speed runner and lacks any explosive qualities with tight hips. Has poor balance and has the bad habit of losing coordination when changing directions - his feet and upper body look to be on two different pages.
How other scouting services rate Larry Rountree III (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank