- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Average quickness and power and his bull rush will be stonewalled. Comes off the snap high, losing leverage.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Excellent hustle-and-chase tackler. Good closing speed with change of direction to corral mobile quarterbacks.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
How other scouting services rate Mandy Alonso (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank