Draft Profile: BioParker Washington from Fort Bend Travis High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Washington opted to join Penn State.
In 2020 as a freshman Washington saw action in 9 games for the Nittany Lions as he made 36 receptions for a solid 489 yards for an average of 13.6 yards per reception, with 6 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 116.2.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games and had an excellent 64 catches for 820 yards for an average of 12.8 yards per catch, with 4 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 114.5.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s also a catch-and-run threat, a creative runner who has good vision in the open field; he’ll be an option to return kicks as well.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Washington has reliable hands and shows the willingness to make catches in traffic over the middle.
- He has strong hands and is extremely competitive, and Washington has an innate sense of timing when it comes to elevating and high-pointing balls.
- He’s extremely dangerous in the open field, showing the vision and creativity to run through entire defenses.
- Washington has the athleticism, quick feet and functional strength to set the edge and open running lanes.
- He’s coordinated with soft, reliable hands, and he shows the ability to adjust to balls thrown behind him, as well as a knack for digging out low throws.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Washington seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Washington doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
- Physically, he profiles as a guy who should have success facing the quarterback, but he struggles to gear down and make the necessary sharp cuts to create separation underneath.
- Washington doesn’t have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.
How other scouting services rate Parker Washington (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank