Signed as an undrafted free agent by Houston Texans
- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Has smooth lateral movement skills with good foot quickness. First off the snap and sets quickly. Aggressive and extends his arms into contact, delivering a sharp punch.
- Not to be bet against with the skills set to line up at guard or tackle. Could develop into a solid backup and eventual starter in the NFL.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Lacks foot speed to be a major threat as a lead blocker outside. Inconsistent latching on and gets lazy, bending at the waist.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers.
- Not explosive in any aspect. Lacks the quickness to redirect and handle cut blocks. Unable to complete most combo blocks. Gets an initial shove at the line but doesn't move the second target. Poor body control and lacks accuracy blocking on the move.
How other scouting services rate Ryan McCollum (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank