Signed as an undrafted free agent by New Orleans Saints
- Thick frame and runs with power, showing the leg drive to push the pile. Runs balanced and close to the ground with the natural strength to stay on his feet through contact as defenders slip off of him - load to tackle and runs through arm tackles.
- Has good vision to find the hole and get North-South. Gets good initial push and always seems to be falling forward for a positive gain. A hard runner with a workhorse-type back mentality.
- Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
- Solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. Flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him.
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
- May not break away from NFL defenders. Has had fumbling issues and doesn't shift the ball to outside arm.
- Lacks a true burst through the hole and elite speed to break away or get to the corner against NFL defenses.
- Loses momentum when he gears down to change direction and it takes him a few steps to accelerate back to full speed. Appears indecisive; will dance too much at the line of scrimmage. Lacks natural playmaking ability.
- A one-speed, straight-line runner without much wiggle or shiftiness - won't make defenders miss in small areas and lacks the long speed to outrun them.
- Has average speed and is slow to build to top speed with too much stiffness in his movements to make defenders miss. Size indicates he should break through tackles more consistently.
How other scouting services rate Stevie Scott III (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank