Draft Profile: BioTre'Vez Johnson attended Bartram Trail High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.880, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Johnson opted to join Florida.
In 2020 as a freshman Johnson saw action in 11 games and played a total of 261 snaps at Cornerback for the Gators. He recorded 14 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 3 stops. In coverage Johnson notched up one pass breakup, one interception, and a solid QB rating when targetted of 86.8.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 9 games and logged 380 snaps for the Gators. He made 20 tackles, 3 assists, and had 10 stops. In coverage he totaled one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 110.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
- Should excel as a zone defender because of his closing speed to wrap receivers after the catch.
- Rare hand-eye coordination and agility, vision and third gear to make a living in the return game.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Johnson runs well, but Johnson doesn’t have elite recovery speed.
- He’ll draw plenty of flags early on with his playing style. Johnson is hesitant when facing the action in zone coverage.
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
How other scouting services rate Tre'Vez Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank