- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Physical, sheds defenders and works off blocks. Good toughness with recognition skills to fight through traffic and blow up screens.
- Understands zone concepts and is aware of his surroundings. Reliable tackler who reacts quickly when he sees it.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
- Willing but not threatening tackler. Doesn't have the quick-twitch reaction when he gears down to rebuild to top speed. More instinctive than explosive.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
Darrell Baker Jr. percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Darrell Baker Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank