Draft Profile: BioTre Tucker from Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Tucker opted to join Cincinnati.
In 2019 as a freshman Tucker saw action in 13 games for the Bearcats as he made 8 receptions for just 99 yards for an average of 12.4 yards per reception, with no TDs, and just QB rating when targeted of 53.0.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 10 games and had a solid 18 catches for 230 yards for an average of 12.8 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 144.1.
As a junior in 2021 he played 14 games and hauled in a solid 34 catches for a solid 426 yards for an average of 12.5 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 119.3.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Shows quickness off the snap to shake off corners and create room. Separates with hesitation moves and nice acceleration.
- Flashes the foot quickness and toughness to handle slot duties at the next level and lines up all over the field. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- He’s also a catch-and-run threat, a creative runner who has good vision in the open field; he’ll be an option to return kicks as well.
- Tucker accelerates 0-to-60 and hits top speed fast enough to outrun angles. He’s also flexible and agile, able to keep the pedal to the floor as Tucker turns and weaves.
- Fluid athlete with explosive burst and speed to stretch the field and breeze past defenders. Has a quick first step and gets to top speed in a hurry.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s short and slight, a non-option as a boundary receiver and a non-factor blocking in the run game.
- Physically, Tucker profiles as a guy who should have success facing the quarterback, but he struggles to gear down and make the necessary sharp cuts to create separation underneath.
- Because of that small frame, he won’t be for everyone; many teams still want their No. 1 receiver to be 6'2" or taller.
- NFL defenders may be able to knock him off his route because of his slight frame.
How other scouting services rate Tre Tucker (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank