- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- Must work on using violent hands and defeating cut blocks. Also needs to build a variety of pass-rush moves.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
How other scouting services rate Ventrell Miller (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank