Draft Profile: BioWill Rogers from Brandon High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Rogers opted to join Mississippi State.
In 2020 as a freshman Rogers saw action in 9 games for the Bulldogs as he threw for 1979 yards on 348 attempts with a completion percent of 69 for an average of 5.7 yards per pass, with 11 TDs, while taking 20 sacks, and QB rating of 85.4.
In 2021 as a sophomore he played in 13 games as he passed for an impressive 4687 yards on 682 attempts with a completion percent of 73.3 for an average of 6.9 yards per pass, with an elite 36 TDs, while also taking 32 sacks, and putting up QB rating of 103.9. He made 33 runs for a total of 102 yards at an average of 3.1 per rush.
As a junior in 2022 Rogers played a total of 12 games. He passed for an impressive 3694 yards on 570 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 67.2 for an average of 6.5 yards per attempt, with an elite 34 TDs, and allowing 24 sacks, with QB rating on the year of 100.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Rogers has a quick release and shows good accuracy on shorter throws when on the move to either side.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Ball placement is a strength. Rogers has the natural instincts to make plays when forced to improvise.
- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Enough arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
- His mechanics are hit-or-miss as Rogers struggles to remain consistent. His stride is inconsistent, leading to sporadic accuracy.
- Erratic passer who struggles with consistent ball placement - has a tough time fitting passes into tight windows.
How other scouting services rate Will Rogers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank