Draft Profile: BioWill Rogers from Brandon High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Rogers opted to join Mississippi State.
In 2020 as a freshman Rogers saw action in 9 games for the Bulldogs as he threw for 1979 yards on 348 attempts with a completion percent of 69 for an average of 5.7 yards per pass, with 11 TDs, while taking 20 sacks, and a QB rating of 85.4.
In 2021 as a sophomore he played in 13 games as he passed for 4687 yards on 682 attempts with a completion percent of 73.3 for an average of 6.9 yards per pass, with 36 TDs, while also taking 32 sacks, and putting up a QB rating of 103.9. He made 33 runs for a total of 102 yards at an average of 3.1 per rush.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Very confident passer and shows good accuracy and feel when in rhythm. Showed better ball placement from past years and throws very catchable passes. Puts too much air in some of his throws and needs to show a lower trajectory on deep throws.
- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Enough arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.
- Sprays the ball anywhere on the field, especially when given a pocket from which to deliver. Will step up into pocket while looking downfield, reset his feet and deliver.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Marginal height, which will prove more of a detriment in an offense that asks him to drop back from center more often.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
How other scouting services rate Will Rogers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank