- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Gives effort between the tackles to find the ball and is willing to take on linemen.
- He has good reaction skills and awareness. Forceful tackler vs. the run.
- Coordinated footwork and balance. Makes more plays in pass coverage than expected because of his natural football instincts.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- Hits up high and misses more tackles than he should.
How other scouting services rate Brenton Cox Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank