- He has good reaction skills and awareness. Forceful tackler vs. the run.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Hits up high and misses more tackles than he should.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
How other scouting services rate Brenton Cox Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank