Draft Profile: BioCam Bright from Park Crossing High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Bright joined Pittsburgh.
In 2018 as a freshman Bright saw action in 10 games and played a total of 78 snaps at linebacker for the Panthers. He recorded only 8 tackles, no assists, while adding 5 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 5 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Panthers in 2019 Bright played in 13 games and took part in 571 snaps for the Panthers. He recorded 49 tackles, 16 assists, while adding 32 stops. In coverage Bright made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 100.0. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 26 total pressures, and 17 QB hurries, 7 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Bright played in 11 games and contributed on 529 snaps. He recorded 39 tackles, 9 assists while making 30 stops. In coverage Bright chalked up one pass breakup, no interceptions, and a solid QB rating when targetted of 84.3. As a pass rusher, he produced 20 total pressures, which included 7 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and an impressive 8 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Bright logged playing time in 14 games and logged a total of 555 snaps for the Panthers. He also added 38 tackles, 12 assists, and 22 stops. While in coverage Bright made no pass breakups, one interception, and a very good QB rating when targetted of 74.8. As a pass rusher, he tallied 19 total pressures, which included 7 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and a decent 6 sacks on the season.
After season's end Bright transferred to Washington where as a fifth year senior for the Huskies in 2022 Bright played 12 games and took part in 477 snaps for the Huskies. He also added 42 tackles, 17 assists, and 23 stops. While in coverage Bright made no pass breakups, one interception, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 117.4. As a pass rusher, he tallied 11 total pressures, which included 7 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 3 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Bright has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #81. He wrote, "A transfer from Pitt, where he was a team captain and made 58 tackles, 6.5 TFLs and 3.5 sacks in 2021, 6-foot, 225-pound Bright bench pressed 425 pound and did 29 reps at 225. He vertical-jumped 34 1/2, broad-jumped 10 feet, 1/2 inch and clocked a sub-4.6 40 electronically."
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
- He’s effective in pursuit when chasing down backs as a run defender, and Bright has the athleticism to cover a lot of ground when dropping into coverage.
- The talent is there as a sideline-to-sideline playmaker.
- He’s rangy and instinctive when he’s looking into the backfield as a zone defender.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but Bright takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- He’s perfectly capable of converting speed into power when he gets to the ball, but too often he slips off tackles or turns into a grab-and-drag tackler rather than a hitter, failing to keep his legs driving through the hit.
Cam Bright percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Cam Bright (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank