Draft Profile: BioCedric Johnson from Davidson High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Johnson joined Ole Miss.
In 2020 as a freshman Johnson saw action in 10 games and played a total of 161 snaps for the Rebels. He recorded only 3 tackles, one assist, while adding 4 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 9 total pressures, which included 3 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Rebels in 2021 Johnson played in 13 games and took part in 632 snaps for the Rebels. He recorded 21 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 21 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 40 total pressures, and 25 QB hurries, 9 QB hits, and a decent 6 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Johnson played in 11 games and contributed on 430 snaps. He recorded 19 tackles, 6 assists while making 17 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 36 total pressures, which included 22 QB hurries, 11 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a high-motor player, and Johnson shows good enough hand use, as well as a tight spin move, to win as an edge rusher.
- Combines excellent power with initial quickness, but one of his best attributes are his violent hands, which he uses with impressive precision.
- Johnson has a wide base and a low center of gravity to hold his ground, as well as the upper-body strength to shed blockers.
- Johnson has decent enough flexibility to bend the edge, and he shows a good closing burst.
- He’s very instinctive when it comes to countering and solid with overall hand usage.
- His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While Johnson moves well laterally, he doesn’t always get there in pursuit.
- He’s going to struggle at the point of attack. As a pass rusher, he lacks the ideal length to ward off blockers and too often allows linemen to get into his chest.
- Johnson could stand to be more violent as a tackler in the run game, as he too often allows backs to run through his arm tackles. Johnson also has limited experience dropping into coverage.
How other scouting services rate Cedric Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank