Draft Profile: BioChamarri Conner attended Trinity Christian Academy High School and was rated a 4 star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.898, going unranked by ESPN Following high school, Conner opted to join Virginia Tech.
In 2018 as a freshman Conner saw action in 7 games and played on a total of 81 snaps for the Hokies. He recorded 12 tackles, no assists, while adding 4 stops. In coverage Conner notched up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 99.0.
As a sophomore for the Hokies in 2019 Conner played in 13 games and took part on 724 snaps for the Hokies. He made 53 tackles, 9 assists, and had 31 stops. In coverage Conner totaled 5 pass break ups, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 89.5. In addition he forced 20 total pressures, and 6 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Conner played in 10 games and contributed on 679 snaps. He chalked up 62 tackles, 7 assists, and added 22 stops. In the secondary Conner forced 3 pass break ups, 2 interceptions, and gave up a QB rating when targetted of 86.0. He also logged 8 total pressures, and no sacks on the year
In 2021 as a senior Conner saw action in 13 games while playing on 833 snaps. He logged 68 tackles, 20 assists, and made 29 stops. In coverage Conner had 3 pass break ups, one interception, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 96.5. He also chalked up 12 total pressures, and 2 sacks on the season
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Gives up his body in run support with a very good closing burst.
- Savvy using his hands to get to the ball without drawing flags. Willing tackler and high-effort leader.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Reads and deciphers quickly, reacting in a flash with a nose for the ball. Jumps routes and drives fast on plays in front of him.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Does a nice job using his eyes to read and react quickly. Smart, disciplined defender who makes plays on the ball and contesting throws.
- Flashes intimidating attitude and will crush tiptoeing receivers across the middle.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
How other scouting services rate Chamarri Conner (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank