Drafted: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 119 (KC)
Draft Profile: BioChamarri Conner attended Trinity Christian Academy High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.890, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Conner opted to join Virginia Tech after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Conner saw action in 7 games and played a total of 81 snaps at safety for the Hokies. He recorded 12 tackles, no assists, while adding 4 stops. In coverage Conner notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 99.0.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 13 games and logged 724 snaps for the Hokies. He made solid 53 tackles, 9 assists, and had 31 stops. In coverage he totaled 5 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 89.5. In addition he forced 20 total pressures, and 6 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Conner played in 10 games and contributed on 679 snaps. He chalked up solid 62 tackles, 7 assists, and added 22 stops. In the secondary Conner forced 3 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 86.0. He also logged 8 total pressures, and no sacks on the year
In 2021 as a senior Conner saw action in 13 games while playing 833 snaps. He logged solid 68 tackles, 20 assists, and made 29 stops. In coverage Conner had 3 pass breakups, one interception, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 96.5. He also chalked up 12 total pressures, and 2 sacks on the season
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Conner saw action in 11 games while playing 673 snaps. He logged 49 tackles, 13 assists, and made 16 stops. In coverage Conner had 3 pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 92.5.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Quicker than Conner is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- His ball skills are very good. Conner tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when he isn’t targeted often.
- Has the change-of-direction ability to mirror underneath but did solid work out of press and off coverage.
- Has a nice blend of length, speed, and quickness. He’s at his best mirroring routes underneath, showing fluid movement skills and the ability to change directions on a dime.
- Willing and successful blitzing off the edge. Consideration for a move to safety with a combination of range and sure tackling.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- The majority of the time last season, Conner was able to physically overwhelm opposing receivers early in the down, a scenario that won’t play out as often against NFL receivers.
- Conner plays high and tends to struggle with change of direction, and he also shows some stiffness when he has to flip his hips.
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
- He’ll draw plenty of flags early on with his playing style. Conner is hesitant when facing the action in zone coverage.
Chamarri Conner percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Chamarri Conner (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank