Draft Profile: BioChristian Jones from Cy Woods High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Jones opted to join Texas.
In 2019 as a freshman Jones saw action in 4 games and played a total of 23 snaps for the Longhorns. He allowed no QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right tackle.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 10 games and a total of 723 snaps. He conceded a disappointing 18 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 5 sacks while playing most of his snaps at right tackle.
In 2021 as a junior Jones saw action in 12 games and totaled 688 snaps. He gave up a disappointing 16 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 4 sacks while playing at left tackle.
In 2022 as a senior Jones saw action in 12 games and played a total of 811 snaps for the Longhorns. He allowed an impressive 9 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Displays good awareness when it comes to reading moving bodies, effectively reacting and adjusting. Jones also shows a good feel for combo blocks.
- Shows good quickness and flexibility on reach blocks, and Jones has enough range to get out as a puller.
- Consistently keeps his feet sliding while maintaining power when dealing with speed, often sending speed rushers flying past the pocket
- Coordinated when moving to the second level as a run blocker, capable of landing blocks on the move.
- Holds his own in a phone booth, firing off the line with good burst, playing with leverage and showing impressive upper-body strength.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- More of a waist bender with subpar feet, and Jones too often ends up reaching and lunging when going against quickness.
- Often simply tries to push pass rushers past the pocket. Jones can also look a bit hesitant when it comes to recognizing and reacting to twists, stunts and blitzes up front.
- While he probably fits best as a right tackle, he has an outside chance at surviving on the left side for a team with a power-running attack.
- His physical gifts were enough to get by against collegiate opponents, but he had trouble with bull rushers when facing quality competition, which is potentially a problem in the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Christian Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank