Draft Profile: BioClark Phillips III attended La Habra High School and was rated a 4 star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.974, going unranked by ESPN Following high school, Phillips III opted to join Utah.
In 2020 as a freshman Phillips III saw action in 5 games and played on a total of 337 snaps for the Utes. He recorded 26 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 9 stops. In coverage Phillips III notched up one pass break up, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 99.3.
As a sophomore for the Utes in 2021 Phillips III played in 14 games and took part on 928 snaps for the Utes. He made 59 tackles, 4 assists, and had 18 stops. In coverage Phillips III totaled 9 pass break ups, 2 interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 81.5.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Changes directions with ease and has the frame to hold up at any spot in the secondary.
- Rare hand-eye coordination and agility, vision and third gear to make a living in the return game.
- Has good awareness and quick feet. Fluid backpedal, aggressive attacking the receiver from the snap, and flashes spectacular ball skills.
- Anticipation skills and explosive, downhill burst could make him a star in zone-based scheme.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Suspect technician who too often lets the action come to him and energy and effort are too inconsistent.
How other scouting services rate Clark Phillips III (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank