- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Has good footwork and technique. Balanced and agile pass protection set with excellent hand placement.
- He's infinitely coachable and athletically gifted with the ideal frame, physique, weight distribution, knee bend and hand strength to be molded into a special blocker.
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection becaus~ he bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- Limits ability to mirror by leaning forward with his upper body and neglecting his lower body. Not strong enough and remains rough around the edges.
How other scouting services rate Cody Ince (Overall Rank)