- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Cole Schneider (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank