- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Good initial quickness to seal defenders, with powerful hands to jar with an initial punch. Flashes a mean streak and enjoys the physicality of the game.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Quick-footed with smooth movement skills to cover a large area. Rangy with above average lateral ability. Bursts off the snap and sets up quickly with little wasted motion.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Good upper-body strength but must improve his core strength. Better suited to a zone-blocking system because of his athleticism.
How other scouting services rate Colin Newell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank