Draft Profile: BioCorey Gaynor from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Gaynor opted to join Miami.
In 2018 as a freshman Gaynor saw action in 4 games and played a total of 76 snaps for the Hurricanes. He allowed just one QB hurry, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at right guard, and the rest at center.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 13 games and a total of 857 snaps. He conceded 11 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 4 sacks while playing at center.
In 2020 as a junior Gaynor saw action in 11 games and totaled 818 snaps. He gave up a solid 8 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack while playing at center.
In 2021 as a senior Gaynor saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 234 snaps for the Hurricanes. He allowed just 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Technician as a pass protector, playing with a wide base and very good balance. Gaynor has heavy hands, but more impressively, Gaynor is consistent with his kick slide and shows impressive lateral movement.
- Understands angles and plays with good leverage. He has long arms and heavy hands, using them effectively in pass protection, and he has a strong enough initial punch to get an edge on quick sets.
- He does a nice job working with teammates to build the pocket, anchoring against bull rushers and displaying good awareness against stunts and twists.
- An agile mover who puts his length to good use, using his hands aggressively and landing solid initial punches. Gaynor can move to the second level as a run blocker, with the coordination and balance to hit moving targets.
- Anchors well and plays with the low center of gravity and natural bend to seal the inside lanes. Has violent hands with hustle to close off bubble screens and lead to flatten linebackers. Nasty demeanor and highly coachable.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Is a bit underpowered, often coming off the line of scrimmage too high and struggling to generate movement. Gaynor might be no more than a wall-off, angle blocker.
- Not great in space and tends to lose power the farther Gaynor has to move; he doesn’t finish as well on the second level as he does battle in the phone booth around the line of scrimmage.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Loses stamina and often fails to finish blocks on the second level
How other scouting services rate Corey Gaynor (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank