Draft Profile: BioCorey Gaynor from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Gaynor opted to join Miami.
In 2018 as a freshman Gaynor saw action in 4 games and played a total of 76 snaps for the Hurricanes. He allowed just one QB hurry, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at right guard, and the rest at center.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 13 games and a total of 857 snaps. He conceded 11 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 4 sacks while playing at center.
In 2020 as a junior Gaynor saw action in 11 games and totaled 818 snaps. He gave up 8 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack while playing at center.
In 2021 as a senior Gaynor saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 234 snaps for the Hurricanes. He allowed just 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at center.
After season's end Gaynor transferred to North Carolina where as a fifth year senior Gaynor saw action in 13 games and played a total of 978 snaps for the Tar Heels. He allowed 10 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 2 sacks while playing at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Takes much more pride in the run game, where Gaynor plays through the whistle with tremendous physicality.
- Outstanding in the screen game, both because of his instincts to deceive defenders and mobility to get out in front and land blocks.
- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- In the run game, he comes off the snap quickly and is excellent with hand placement. Gaynor understands angles, and he displays impressive footwork in moving to the second level, usually getting in position to deliver blocks.
- Outstanding on reach blocks, showing good initial quickness and flexibility to seal the backside. He’s a heady player who is quick to recognize and react to twists and stunts up front, and he shows a good sense of timing on combo blocks.
- Mauler in the run game, playing with a nasty disposition and showing excellent snap and punch quickness.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Had issues against quality counter moves, struggling to readjust. That’s something he’ll see frequently against NFL technicians in the pass rush.
- Not an explosive athlete and has limited range. Will pop upright off the snap and needs to stay balanced, avoid the habit of lunging.
- Is more of a phone-booth blocker who has limited range. He’s also going to be somewhat limited as a pass protector, especially when it comes to mirroring against quickness.
Corey Gaynor percentiles vs other Center's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Corey Gaynor (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank