- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Tough and scrappy with forceful nature to be physical at all levels of the field. Has good bulk on his frame to be aggressive in run support.
- Good agility and balance when shadowing his target. Competitive player.
- Too hands-on downfield and has suspect instincts.
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
- Has only average long speed and body flexibility.
- Vulnerable to big plays trying to bait the quarterback.
How other scouting services rate DJ Ivey (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank