- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
Demetrius Taylor percentiles vs other Defensive Line's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Demetrius Taylor (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank