- Not to be bet against with the skills set to line up at guard or tackle. Could develop into a solid backup and eventual starter in the NFL.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Feisty, tough and plays with a competitive attitude.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Lacks lateral agility, flexibility and footwork to start on the outside in the NFL.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Not explosive in any aspect. Lacks the quickness to redirect and handle cut blocks. Unable to complete most combo blocks. Gets an initial shove at the line but doesn't move the second target. Poor body control and lacks accuracy blocking on the move.
- Drops his head too often on contact, which causes problems against swim moves.
- Limits ability to mirror by leaning forward with his upper body and neglecting his lower body. Not strong enough and remains rough around the edges.
How other scouting services rate Derek Kerstetter (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank