Draft Profile: BioDillan Gibbons from Clearwater Central Catholic High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Gibbons opted to join Notre Dame.
In 2018 as a freshman Gibbons saw action in 4 games and played a total of 17 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 7 games and a total of 88 snaps. He conceded no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at left guard, and the rest at right guard.
In 2020 as a junior Gibbons saw action in 6 games and totaled 116 snaps. He gave up just one QB hurry, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at left guard, and the rest at right guard.
After season's end Gibbons transferred to Florida State where as a senior Gibbons saw action in 11 games and played a total of 704 snaps for the Seminoles. He allowed 13 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Gibbons saw action in 12 games and played a total of 770 snaps for the Seminoles. He allowed 11 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
Honors & awards
- 2022 Wuerffel Trophy
Scouting Report: Strengths
- At his best mauling in the run game, playing with a nasty demeanor and consistently keeping it going through the whistle.
- Showing some nastiness to his game, Gibbons will sustain blocks through the whistle, thriving when he’s in the phone booth.
- Gibbons thrives on physicality, often out-grappling bigger defensive linemen and winning in the phone booth with tenacity and upper-body strength.
- Fires off the line of scrimmage with good initial power at the point of attack. He consistently holds his own against mammoth defensive tackles, and his hand strength allows him to grip and move opponents in the run game.
- Outstanding in the screen game, both because of his instincts to deceive defenders and mobility to get out in front and land blocks.
- When his hand placement is right, he has the strong grip that allows him to manhandle opponents. Gibbons plays with a mean streak and keeps the nastiness going through the whistle.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has the traits to improve, but Gibbons gets impatient in his set, lunging and reaching, and generally playing with poor balance at times. Gibbons is inconsistent with his kick slide.
- More of a waist bender with subpar feet, and he too often ends up reaching and lunging when going against quickness.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
Dillan Gibbons percentiles vs other Offensive Guard's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Dillan Gibbons (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank