Draft Profile: BioGleson Sprewell attended Centennial High School and was rated a 2-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.760, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Sprewell opted to join Houston.
In 2018 as a freshman Sprewell saw action in 13 games and played a total of 856 snaps at Safety for the Cougars. He recorded decent 64 tackles, 16 assists, while adding 17 stops. In coverage Sprewell notched up 2 pass break ups, 3 interceptions, and a very good QB rating when targetted of 58.8.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 4 games and logged 213 snaps for the Cougars. He made 19 tackles, 2 assists, and had 3 stops. In coverage he totaled no pass break ups, one interception, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 116.5.
In 2020 as a junior Sprewell played in 5 games and contributed on 45 snaps. He chalked up only 6 tackles, no assists, and added 2 stops. In the secondary Sprewell forced no pass break ups, no interceptions, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 97.9.
In 2021 as a senior Sprewell saw action in 13 games while playing 134 snaps. He logged only one tackle, 3 assists, and made one stop. In coverage Sprewell had 2 pass break ups, 2 interceptions, and surrendered a very good QB rating when targetted of 56.3.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Sprewell tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.
- Has excellent ball skills, tracking the ball effectively and instinctively taking the right route to break up the play. Sprewell has the strong hands and coordination to come down with interceptions.
- Can deliver the big hit and isn't afraid to jump inside to slow the ball.
- Tracks the ball well downfield and has the innate feel for high-point passes. He’s willing to come up and fill against the run and seems to take pride in delivering violent hits in run support.
- Gives up his body in run support with a very good closing burst.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has a cornerback body and needs to continue to get stronger to be more effective shedding blocks.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
- Despite his size, he’s not an overly physical tackler. Sprewell might have to add some weight at the next level in order to become more physical.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
How other scouting services rate Gleson Sprewell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank