Draft Profile: BioGrant Gibson from Mallard Creek High High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Gibson opted to join NC State.
In 2018 as a freshman Gibson saw action in 4 games and played on a total of 27 snaps for the Wolfpack. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at right guard, and the rest at center.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 12 games and a total of 894 snaps. He conceded 11 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at center.
In 2020 as a junior Gibson saw action in 12 games and totaled 858 snaps. He gave up 11 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at center.
In 2021 as a senior Gibson saw action in 12 games and played on a total of 823 snaps for the Wolfpack. He allowed 14 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has the agility, technique, and size to contribute early in his professional career. Quick, active hands to latch on to defenders.
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Adequate foot quickness to remain outside. Can get to the second level with surprising agility when adjusting to moving defenders. Underrated athleticism, agility, balance, and even straight-line speed to contribute.
- Good natural athleticism, knee bend and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Good upper-body strength but must improve his core strength. Better suited to a zone-blocking system because of his athleticism.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Grant Gibson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank