Draft Profile: BioJackson Sirmon from Brentwood Academy High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Sirmon opted to join Washington.
In 2018 as a freshman Sirmon saw action in one game and played on a total of 3 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Huskies in 2019 Sirmon played in 11 games and took part on 218 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded 23 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 11 stops. In coverage Sirmon made no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 131.3. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Sirmon played in 4 games and contributed on 210 snaps. He recorded 22 tackles, 4 assists, while making 10 stops. In coverage Sirmon chalked up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 103.7. As a pass rusher, he produced 6 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Sirmon logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 595 snaps for the Huskies. He also added 77 tackles, 30 assists, and 29 stops. While in coverage Sirmon made one pass break up, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 96.1. As a pass rusher, he tallied 3 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Shows the closing burst and footwork to work well in tight areas.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
How other scouting services rate Jackson Sirmon (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank