- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competItIve and versatile.
- Naturally explosive player with decent get-off speed. Balanced through contact and stout against double-teams. Tackles through the ball. Versatile and has the body type to play many roles.
- Relentless and strong off the edge as a pass rusher when fresh. Gets under the pads of tackles to bull rush them into the backfield.
- Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.
- Sacks and pressures are product of hustle. Gives effort on every play. Holds the point with length and strong upper body.
- Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change-of-direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backward off the snap.
- Rarely the first player off the snap, even when lined up over the ball, but his length, effort and short-area quickness still pressures double teams and helps penetrate gaps.
- Lean lower body - must improve core and leg strength. Suspect body flexibility and tight hips.
- Uncreative pass rusher who lacks counter moves. Raw technique. Streaky and slow to react.
- Doesn't change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate James Head Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank