Drafted: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 234 (LAR)
Draft Profile: BioJason Taylor II attended Carl Albert High School and was Following high school, Taylor II opted to join Oklahoma State.
In 2019 as a freshman Taylor II saw action in 7 games and played a total of 120 snaps at safety for the Cowboys. He recorded 14 tackles, one assist, while adding 5 stops. In coverage Taylor II notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 153.5.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 8 games and logged 162 snaps for the Cowboys. He made only 9 tackles, 3 assists, and had 3 stops. In coverage he totaled no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 124.5.
In 2021 as a junior Taylor II played in 14 games and contributed on 801 snaps. He chalked up 44 tackles, 10 assists, and added 19 stops. In the secondary Taylor II forced 2 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 97.3. He also logged 12 total pressures, and 2 sacks on the year
In 2022 as a senior Taylor II saw action in 12 games while playing 812 snaps. He logged decent 71 tackles, 17 assists, and made 19 stops. In coverage Taylor II had 4 pass breakups, 6 interceptions, and surrendered an outstanding QB rating when targetted of 54.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Is an explosive mover with quickness and speed. He’s at his best attacking downhill, shooting gaps in run support, and disrupting the backfield.
- Has a solid frame with a strong lower body and much improved bulk. Fluid and rangy with the coordination and loose hips to quickly change directions.
- Has quick feet and excellent change-of-direction ability, capable of mirroring quickness underneath.
- Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness.
- Great on route recognition and has click-and-close ability
- Taylor tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
- He’ll draw plenty of flags early on with his playing style. Taylor is hesitant when facing the action in zone coverage.
- Plays out of control too often, laying a lot of big hits but also missing a lot of tackles along the way. Taylor also needs to do a better job reading routes when sitting back as a single-high safety.
Jason Taylor II percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jason Taylor II (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank