- Plays the ball as if it was thrown for him, showing burst back to the ball as well as good timing for the jump ball.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Closing speed and willingness to make the big hit make him one of the more versatile safeties in the class.
- Very good athleticism and flexibility. Has plus speed for the position and a second gear with good recovery speed to make up for missed plays.
- Has legitimate NFL-caliber cover skills. Has a quick, low backpedal with a fluid hip turn to cover receivers down the field.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
- Not enough hip fluidity to adjust to topnotch NFL route runners.
- Suspect technician who too often lets the action come to him and energy and effort are too inconsistent.
- Holds the ball loosely. Inconsistent in run support. Average tackler
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
Jermaine Waller percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jermaine Waller (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank