Draft Profile: BioJoe Foucha attended McDonogh High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.872, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Foucha opted to join Arkansas.
In 2018 as a freshman Foucha saw action in 7 games and played a total of 142 snaps at safety for the Razorbacks. He recorded only 7 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 2 stops. In coverage Foucha notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 156.3.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 12 games and logged 757 snaps for the Razorbacks. He made decent 71 tackles, 19 assists, and had 17 stops. In coverage he totaled one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 111.0. In addition he forced 6 total pressures, and no sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Foucha played in 10 games and contributed on 633 snaps. He chalked up 39 tackles, 25 assists, and added 14 stops. In the secondary Foucha forced 2 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and gave up a very good QB rating when targetted of 73.3.
In 2021 as a senior Foucha saw action in 13 games while playing 791 snaps. He logged decent 57 tackles, 18 assists, and made 27 stops. In coverage Foucha had one pass breakup, one interception, and surrendered QB rating when targetted of 93.9. He also chalked up 9 total pressures, and 2 sacks on the season
After the end of the season Foucha transferred to LSU where as a fifth year senior for the Tigers in 2022 Foucha played in 9 games and took part in 377 snaps for the Tigers. He logged 27 tackles, 9 assists, and made 8 stops. In coverage Foucha had 2 pass breakups, one interception, and surrendered QB rating when targetted of 91.4.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Foucha has the straight-line speed to recover. His ball skills are tremendous, with good hands and the potential to take it to the house any time Foucha gets his hands on the ball.
- He has good size and is a fluid mover, capable of mirroring quickness underneath
- Has good body control and balance to redirect and break down in the open field.
- He has the ability to move down and cover tight ends, with the fluid hips to turn and the speed to run with anyone down the middle of the field.
- Foucha tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.
- He’s physical at the line of scrimmage, showing unexpected power in his hands.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Feet aren’t ideal, as Foucha gets sloppy in his backpedal and can be sluggish when transitioning to close on the ball.
- Isn’t great in route recognition when he’s facing the action, is hesitant and susceptible to double moves, and too often gets unnecessarily handsy when playing trail position
- Needs to develop a better understanding of route combinations and better overall vision.
Joe Foucha percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Joe Foucha (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank