Draft Profile: BioJordan Mims from Menlo-Atherton High School was rated a Following high school, Mims joined Fresno State.
In 2018 as a freshman Mims saw action in 12 games for the Bulldogs as he ran for 440 yards on 114 attempts for 3.9 yards per carry, with 6 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made 21 receptions for 286 yards.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 6 games. and rushed for just 148 yards on 27 carries for an excellent 5.5 ypc, with one TD, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in just 10 receptions for 92 yards.
In 2021 as a junior Mims saw action in 13 games for the Bulldogs. He ran for 712 yards on 127 attempts for an excellent 5.6 ypc, with 6 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made 25 receptions for 324 yards.
As a senior in 2022 he played in 13 games and ran for an outstanding 1161 yards on 243 carries for average of 4.8 ypc, with 16 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he had 19 receptions for an outstanding 105 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- His passing game skills are strong. He’s a natural hands catcher who turns upfield quickly in the screen game, and Mims shows a great feel for setting up wheel routes.
- Mims finishes runs well and flashes the ability to get small and squeeze through traffic.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- He shows good vision and good explosion upfield once he plants his foot. Mims has lateral movement skills and enough speed to threaten big plays. He’s excellent in the passing game, capable of flexing out as a receiver and creating mismatches against linebackers, and he’s a solid back in the screen game.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Mims sometimes get too upright and fails to run behind his pads.
- He doesn’t offer a ton of wiggle, and in college, Mims often sought out contact rather than avoiding it.
Jordan Mims percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jordan Mims (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank