- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- Feisty, tough and plays with a competitive attitude.
- Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Lacks lateral agility, flexibility and footwork to start on the outside in the NFL.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
How other scouting services rate Josh Watson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank