Draft Profile: BioJyaire Shorter from Ellison High School was rated a After high school, Shorter opted to join North Texas.
In 2018 as a freshman Shorter saw action in just 2 games for the Mean Green as he made one reception for only 15 yards for an average of 15.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 118.8.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 12 games and had 24 catches for 475 yards for an average of 19.8 yards per catch, with 9 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 133.0.
As a junior in 2020 he played just 3 games and hauled in only 4 catches for only 97 yards for an average of 24.3 yards per catch, with no TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 63.5.
As a senior in 2021 he played just 2 games and had only 6 catches for only 107 yards for an average of 17.8 yards per catch, no TDs, and only QB rating when targeted of 42.8.
As a fifth year senior in 2022 he played 12 games and had 22 catches for 595 yards for an average of 27.0 yards per catch, 10 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 108.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a precise route runner, creating separation when used on quick outs and stop patterns in college. Shorter has good stop-start ability and lateral agility.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Shorter shows good initial quickness off the line of scrimmage, and Shorter has enough strength to be able to consistently escape the jam at the next level. He’s a coordinated hands catcher who effectively tracks the ball downfield.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s not physically imposing. Shorter is small-framed and won’t be able to carry much more weight.
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
- His playing speed is less than elite. He won’t run past defenders like Shorter did at the college level.
- Shorter doesn’t have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.
How other scouting services rate Jyaire Shorter (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank