Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 220 (SF)
- He flashes short-area quickness and strength to be a force in the middle.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Flashes an explosive burst and can surprise better overall athletes with his ability to get upfield. Has a closing burst when given a free lane. Has the frame to consider moving inside
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Has the initial burst off the snap but only phone-booth quickness overall and doesn't make as many plays behind the line of scrimmage as his ability to penetrate would indicate.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
How other scouting services rate Kalia Davis (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank