Draft Profile: BioKenderick Duncan attended Stockbridge High School and was Following high school, Duncan opted to join Georgia Southern.
In 2018 as a freshman Duncan saw action in 10 games and played a total of 368 snaps at safety for the Eagles. He recorded 34 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 7 stops. In coverage Duncan notched up one pass breakup, 2 interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 82.4.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 13 games and logged 789 snaps for the Eagles. He made solid 72 tackles, 12 assists, and had 20 stops. In coverage he totaled 6 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 75.6.
In 2020 as a junior Duncan played in 6 games and contributed on 362 snaps. He chalked up 23 tackles, 8 assists, and added 8 stops. In the secondary Duncan forced 3 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and gave up an elite QB rating when targetted of 35.8.
After season's end Duncan transferred to Louisville where as a senior for the Cardinals in 2021 Duncan played in 12 games and took part in 800 snaps for the Cardinals. He logged solid 61 tackles, 15 assists, and made 18 stops. In coverage Duncan had 3 pass breakups, one interception, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 94.8.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Duncan saw action in 8 games while playing 335 snaps. He logged 33 tackles, 8 assists, and made 13 stops. In coverage Duncan had no pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 118.8.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s physical at the line of scrimmage, showing unexpected power in his hands.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Tracks the ball well downfield and has the innate feel for high-point passes. He’s willing to come up and fill against the run and seems to take pride in delivering violent hits in run support.
- Has the violent hands to discard receivers and smaller tight ends, and Duncan is a sure tackler. In coverage, he shows good instincts when sitting back in zone, with click-and-close ability and good ball tracking.
- Has a solid frame with a strong lower body and much improved bulk. Fluid and rangy with the coordination and loose hips to quickly change directions.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Doesn’t have the kind of fluidity needed to mirror quicker receivers underneath.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Not great in man coverage. Does not have elite speed and loses speed/gears down while turning.
- Lacks the timed speed to mirror and maintain contact downfield. Loses the ball on slow-developing plays and has a tendency to reach and grab when Duncan gets antsy.
Kenderick Duncan percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Kenderick Duncan (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank