- Tough in run support and works hard to get off blocks. Hard-nosed player who attacks the run and doesn't back down.
- Willing and successful blitzing off the edge. Consideration for a move to safety with a combination of range and sure tackling.
- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- Has good foot quickness and short-area burst to work well in tight areas.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Questionable technique and he gets lazy with fundamentals, sometimes getting high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays
- Lacks instincts with shaky awareness, is overaggressive and too often bites on fakes and misdirection.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
Leonard Johnson percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Leonard Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank