Draft Profile: BioMason Brooks from Cedar Park High School was rated a 2-star prospect by 247 Sports with a rating of 0.769. Following high school, Brooks opted to join Western Kentucky.
In 2018 as a freshman Brooks saw action in 7 games and played a total of 245 snaps for the Hilltoppers. He allowed 10 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in just 3 games and a total of 14 snaps. He conceded no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
In 2020 as a junior Brooks saw action in 12 games and totaled 764 snaps. He gave up 11 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at right tackle.
In 2021 as a senior Brooks saw action in 14 games and played a total of 1052 snaps for the Hilltoppers. He allowed 13 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 4 sacks while playing at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Plays with natural leverage and has the strength to anchor against the bull rush. Brooks also packs a violent initial punch that can stand up pass rushers.
- Has the functional strength to hold up against the bull rush, and Brooks shows exceptionally quick and precise hands.
- Shows excellent awareness when presented with stunts and blitzes, and he works well with teammates on combo blocks
- Hand placement is excellent, and he shows a good understanding of angles when climbing upfield
- Brooks does a nice job working with teammates to build the pocket, anchoring against bull rushers and displaying good awareness against stunts and twists.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Not great in space and tends to lose power the farther Brooks has to move; he doesn’t finish as well on the second level as he does battle in the phone booth around the line of scrimmage.
- While he probably fits best as a right tackle, he has an outside chance at surviving on the left side for a team with a power-running attack.
- Lets pass rushers get into his body, catching them rather than using his considerable length to deliver a punch. Brooks is going to have some difficulty if he’s asked to block on an island early on.
- He’ll occasionally stop his feet when delivering a punch, and he doesn’t play with ideal balance when moving back into his set. He’ll often struggle to mirror if he can’t win early on passing plays.
How other scouting services rate Mason Brooks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank