Draft Profile: BioMason Brooks from Cedar Park High School was rated a star recruit by ESPN and handed a 2 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Brooks opted to join Western Kentucky.
In 2018 as a freshman Brooks saw action in 7 games and played on a total of 245 snaps for the Hilltoppers. He allowed 10 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 3 games and a total of 14 snaps. He conceded no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
In 2020 as a junior Brooks saw action in 12 games and totaled 764 snaps. He gave up 11 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at right tackle.
In 2021 as a senior Brooks saw action in 14 games and played on a total of 1052 snaps for the Hilltoppers. He allowed 13 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 4 sacks while playing at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Effective in space and usually drops his hips to get leverage and sustain against shorter defenders.
- Tall, long, athletic pass protector. Generally gets out of three-point stance with good knee bend and a wide base.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
How other scouting services rate Mason Brooks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank