- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Has smooth lateral movement skills with good foot quickness. First off the snap and sets quickly. Aggressive and extends his arms into contact, delivering a sharp punch.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Not an explosive athlete and has limited range. Will pop upright off the snap and needs to stay balanced, avoid the habit of lunging.
- Not a natural knee-bender and gets too upright. Needs to play with better leverage and stay balanced through contact.
- Finesse blocker with average arm length who doesn't use his hands well to win at the point of attack.
How other scouting services rate Matt Allen (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank