Draft Profile: BioMitchell Agude from Santiago High School was rated a 79 star prospect by ESPN with a scout's rating of 79. Following high school, Agude opted to join UCLA.
In 2020 as a freshman Agude saw action in 7 games and played on a total of 285 snaps for the Bruins. He recorded 19 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 17 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 18 total pressures, which included 11 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Bruins in 2021 Agude played in 12 games and took part on 531 snaps for the Bruins. He recorded 35 tackles, 12 assists, while adding 28 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 38 total pressures, and 25 QB hurries, 9 QB hits, and 4 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Thickly built with classic linebacker size, adequate strength and the smarts to cover up his athletic shortcomings in the right scheme.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Hips are a bit high, arms are long, and waist is narrow, which limits his ability to anchor and turn. Not much of a pass rusher if there is not an open lane.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
How other scouting services rate Mitchell Agude (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank