- Has a naturally wide base, thickly build and good length. Long legs to cover a lot of ground with his initial kick slide. Has the quickness to set up quickly with enough lateral shuffle to mirror and mobility to get to the second level.
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Has broad shoulders and flashes the playing strength and power to overwhelm at the point of attack.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers.
- Drops his head too often on contact, which causes problems against swim moves.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
How other scouting services rate P.J. Burkhalter (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank