Draft Profile: BioFollowing high school, Walk opted to join Oregon.
In 2018 as a freshman Walk saw action in 5 games and played a total of 46 snaps for the Ducks. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 5 games and a total of 43 snaps. He conceded no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.
In 2020 as a junior Walk saw action in 7 games and totaled 361 snaps. He gave up an impressive 6 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at right guard.
In 2021 as a senior Walk saw action in 9 games and played a total of 577 snaps for the Ducks. He allowed an impressive 7 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and one sack while playing the majority of his snaps at center, and the rest at right guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- When his hand placement is right, Walk has the strong grip that allows him to manhandle opponents. Walk plays with a mean streak and keeps the nastiness going through the whistle.
- Shows good awareness after the snap, reacting and positioning himself against twists and stunts
- Has the football IQ to handle setting protections at the line of scrimmage, and he displays excellent instincts and awareness after the snap, effectively adjusting to twists and stunts
- Exhibits good patience in pass protection, sitting back in his set rather than leaning and lunging.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Is a little too much of a waist bender, and Walk doesn’t play with ideal power and functional strength. Most concerning - he often gets caught dropping his head, a bad habit that will have to be corrected.
- As a pass protector, he gets caught reaching and lunging when matched up against quickness.
- Has fairly heavy feet, struggling to mirror against quicker defenders. Walk lacks the range to get out as an effective puller, and he can often look stiff when moving out into space and zeroing in on bodies.
- Whiffs on blocks after beaten initially and lacks range and lateral quickness. Plays too high and without proper leverage, pad level and can be passive.
How other scouting services rate Ryan Walk (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank