Draft Profile: BioFollowing high school, Sow opted to join Eastern Michigan.
In 2018 as a freshman Sow saw action in 13 games and played a total of 544 snaps for the Eagles. He allowed 11 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 3 sacks while playing most of his snaps at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 12 games and a total of 836 snaps. He conceded an unipressive 16 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
In 2020 as a junior Sow saw action in 6 games and totaled 429 snaps. He gave up just 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at left guard.
In 2021 as a senior Sow saw action in 13 games and played a total of 894 snaps for the Eagles. He allowed a solid 6 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- Bursts offthe line of scrimmage and has tremendous natural strength and power, able to dominate at the point of attack and wipe out defenders in the run game.
- Does a nice job on the second level, moving upfield quickly and showing the flexibility and balance to land blocks in space.
- Takes much more pride in the run game, where Sow plays through the whistle with tremendous physicality.
- Coordinated when moving to the second level as a run blocker, capable of landing blocks on the move.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Lacks foot speed to be a major threat as a lead blocker outside. Inconsistent latching on and gets lazy, bending at the waist.
- Tends to slip off blocks when going against bigger linemen, and Sow too often finishes plays on the ground.
How other scouting services rate Sidy Sow (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank