Drafted: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 117 (NE)
Draft Profile: BioFollowing high school, Sow opted to join Eastern Michigan.
In 2018 as a freshman Sow saw action in 13 games and played a total of 544 snaps for the Eagles. He allowed 11 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 3 sacks while playing most of his snaps at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 12 games and a total of 836 snaps. He conceded an unipressive 16 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
In 2020 as a junior Sow saw action in 6 games and totaled 429 snaps. He gave up just 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at left guard.
In 2021 as a senior Sow saw action in 13 games and played a total of 894 snaps for the Eagles. He allowed 6 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at left guard.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Sow saw action in 12 games and played a total of 856 snaps for the Eagles. He allowed 13 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- Bursts offthe line of scrimmage and has tremendous natural strength and power, able to dominate at the point of attack and wipe out defenders in the run game.
- Does a nice job on the second level, moving upfield quickly and showing the flexibility and balance to land blocks in space.
- Takes much more pride in the run game, where Sow plays through the whistle with tremendous physicality.
- Coordinated when moving to the second level as a run blocker, capable of landing blocks on the move.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Lacks foot speed to be a major threat as a lead blocker outside. Inconsistent latching on and gets lazy, bending at the waist.
- Tends to slip off blocks when going against bigger linemen, and Sow too often finishes plays on the ground.
Sidy Sow percentiles vs other Offensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Sidy Sow (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank