- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Very aggressive attacking receiver blocks and tackles like a safety.
- Has good football awareness to read and react quickly and stay balanced and patient in space.
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Only average height and a choppy backpedal. Not surehanded catching interceptions or punts.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
How other scouting services rate Stephan Blaylock (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank