Draft Profile: BioAfter high school, Robinson joined Ole Miss.
In 2020 as a freshman Robinson saw action in 10 games and played a total of 381 snaps for the Rebels. He recorded 11 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 13 total pressures, which included 10 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Rebels in 2021 Robinson played in 11 games and took part in 349 snaps for the Rebels. He recorded 15 tackles, 10 assists, while adding 11 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 15 total pressures, and 10 QB hurries, one QB hit, and a decent 4 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Robinson played in 12 games and contributed on 620 snaps. He recorded 13 tackles, 16 assists while making 13 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 36 total pressures, which included 19 QB hurries, 11 QB hits, and a decent 6 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- With his combination of length and flexibility, Robinson can bend and turn the corner around the edge, and he has the closing speed to finish the job.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- His long limbs and strong core strength allow him to power through blockers, and he has the flexibility to loop inside and get home on twists.
- Has the size-athleticism combination to attract all evaluators with value as a 4-3 end or 3-4 linebacker.
- Robinson could fit as a 3-4 OLB, as he held his own when he was asked to drop into coverage at times.
- He shows impressive speed and overall athleticism when moving laterally in pursuit as a run defender.
- Robinson has electrifying change-of-direction skills and also the length and upper-body strength to discard blockers on the way.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Robinson also shows some stiffness when trying to bend the edge, often getting pushed past the pocket — Robinson seems more comfortable countering back inside.
- Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change-of-direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backward off the snap.
- Raw as sushi and gets by on natural ability with no technique refinement.
Tavius Robinson percentiles vs other Defensive End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Tavius Robinson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank