- Good strength and balance to sit down, lock-out and create a pile, leading to possibilities inside and out (in the 3-4).
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- A massive man, is tough to move and can surprise opponents with his athleticism.
- Quarterbacks and ballcarriers feel his strength when he plants them in the backfield.
- Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
- He remains raw as a pass rusher and doesn't have the foot speed to chase down ballcarriers.
How other scouting services rate Tayland Humphrey (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank